7 replies to this topic
Alex
Alex

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSydney

How To Quote For A Strata Complex?

Am quoting a strata complex next week and would like to know how to go about it?

The quote will be for lawn and garden maintenance. It will be a monthly service year round. I've never quoted for strata before as I mainly do residential.

Do I quote for year round maintenance and divide it by 12?
Eg. Lawn mowing price x 20 cuts per year
Hedge trimming price x 4-6 times a year
Dead head aggies price x once a year
Mulch garden beds (5m3) x once per year
Leaf clean up x twice per year
Litter collection x 12

=Total yearly cost รท by 12 (monthly visit)

..Being Strata I'm guessing this will be outside their budget. Does anyone know what they usually budget for this sort of work?

Or should I just quote lawn mowing and give them garden maintenance quotes as required?
Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

I normally provide a quote for the works they require usually mowing and hedging. Or what ever was discussed.

I give them a per service price and not a yearly price as they may run away ha ha.

E.g.

Whipper snip all perimeters of grass areas.

Mow the front and back lawn with zero turn ride on lawn mower.

Blow down all grass and debris from driveway and pathways.

Pick up and remove any litter in the garden beds.

$250.00

This price is based on fortnightly services during the growing season and monthly visits in the winter months.

Once i have the contract ill send them quotes to mulch garden beds or to do garden make overs and things like that.

For strata work you will probably need

A police/ working with children check.

A copy of your public liability and business rego

Cheers,
Smokey
Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:14 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

I do as above except i quote a per month price rather than a per visit. Eg $300 per month. In the off season this means i can push out the visits.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Id ask them rather than ask here, id aim for a quality standard of good enough instead of resi A grade and keep the price down.

i have one strata, i asked about a programme and regular invoicing. Didnt want it, mow and invoice each time, i just do it when it seems right and got the perimeter hedging without quoting in winter.

i have a business, 35 "visits" a year, weekly in summer a bit of fortnights and 3 weeks in winter. the dates are known for the year, 12 equal monthly invoices.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Blair B
Blair B

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

You need to know how much you need to charge to have a successful business. After a while you will be able to look at a job and have a good idea how many hours it will take you to complete the job. If you think the strata job you are looking at will usually take you 3 hours to finish it charge 3 x your hourly rate. When I look at a strata I look at how long the gardening will take and how long the mowing will take because I charge about 33% more for mowing.

You definitely need your Public Liability Insurance and Business Rego get those ASAP.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:27 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Id ask them rather than ask here,

Exactly,  Ask them what they want, an annual all inclusive price, a per visit price or a per item price breakdown.  I've only had one ask me for an annual price, most are happy with a per visit price and what the schedule would be.  I normally quote a price for the mowing and a price for the gardening separately.

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:08 AM

Alex
Alex

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSydney

Thanks for the tips! They told me I was slightly more expensive then the last guy and I ended up getting it!
Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Thanks for the tips! They told me I was slightly more expensive then the last guy and I ended up getting it!

You,ll hear hear that a bit as you go on but you obviously SOLD your self.  :)

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales