plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Ego Warranty

"Unable to hold spare parts separately".  Yep must be so difficult to hold a couple of spare batteries on hand for easy warranty replacements.  No lets instead keep the customer waiting a week or more and make him drive in twice just to get something as simple as a battery.   These guys are f'ing clowns.

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Ego Warranty

The sense I get back is "Don't bother me with this cr@p - talk to 1300" - so at least we know what company policy is regards commercial clients - It comes down to how well the shop you bought from will look after you regardless of the letter of the Warranty document - so lesson learned for me.

Haha, Jason really knows how to talk the talk lol
Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Ego Warranty

No store regardless if it's a mower shop will carry every single spare part for everything they sell except for parts that are commonly wanted or used.Everything else gets ordered in & will be there in a timely fashion if it doesn't come from overseas..The service manager did what he thought he needed to do this time,doesn't mean he will next time.If it were me i'd only do it for a regular which it appears you are which is why he did..

This total tools crowd if they are not a repair agent will give it to a local approved repairer.Bunnings would be no different as would most large retailers if they have no approval to do repairs onsite.

How long a piece of equipment takes to repair depends on two things.How busy the repair shop is (line starts over there) & then availability of part/s..

As contractors there's no excuse not to have more than one piece of equipment to be able to do the job..The amount i've seen that don't is beyond on a joke & then expect to drop off their machinery at a moments notice & expect it to be fixed right there & then beggars belief..This is what happens on occasions over here

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Ego Warranty

No store regardless if it's a mower shop will carry every single spare part for everything they sell except for parts that are commonly wanted 

Would have a thought a battery is about the most common you could get.

This total tools crowd if they are not a repair agent will give it to a local approved repairer.Bunnings would be no different as would most large retailers if they have no approval to do repairs onsite.

They are the repair agent, they should carry some spares.  Bunnings is totally different, when ever I've a problem under warranty they either give me a new replacement item off the shelf or a full refund/credit voucher.  No need to wait for repairs/parts.

How long a piece of equipment takes to repair depends on two things.How busy the repair shop is (line starts over there) & then availability of part/s..

Except that consumer law states that items need to be repaired in a reasonable time, how busy they are or what parts are available is no excuse.

As contractors there's no excuse not to have more than one piece of equipment to be able to do the job..

Agreed 100%, which is why I have multiples of most equipment.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ego Warranty

No store regardless if it's a mower shop will carry every single spare part for everything they sell except for parts that are commonly wanted or used.Everything else gets ordered in & will be there in a timely fashion if it doesn't come from overseas..The service manager did what he thought he needed to do this time,doesn't mean he will next time.If it were me i'd only do it for a regular which it appears you are which is why he did..

Yep, that's my point, find an OPE retailer that stocks the gear you use and develop a relationship with them - come back for (some) spares/consumables and then replacement equipment next season so they know you're a solid repeat customer - it cuts both ways and it's worth it for them to even bend the rules if it comes to that to keep you that way - with the exception of Bunnings with their returns policy I won't buy important gear any other way now - and sadly I see that Mower Market Springwood no longer list Ego equipment - I'll be interested to hear of their experiences with the gear next time I'm there.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Ego Warranty

I certainly wont be purchasing Ego if they dont instruct the dealer to number one, stock batteries and number two, to use a stocked battery or mandatory stocked spare part to fit to a warrantable poduct and then just file a credit. Its not rocket science and its how the Japanese M/bike spare parts work.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Ego Warranty

Did anyone see the EGO advert last night? They jump out of a aeroplane with the self feeding line trimmer HaHa. It's about sales not service with EGO!
Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Ego Warranty

Did anyone see the EGO advert last night? They jump out of a aeroplane with the self feeding line trimmer HaHa. It's about sales not service with EGO!

Thats not here. Home depot is like bunnings. Service might be better over there.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Ego Warranty

Thats not here. Home depot is like bunnings. Service might be better over there.

Yer, Ive read on the Ego community that if some are not satisfied with the repair turn around time, they buy another from Home depot, then return it, taking advantage of their 90 day satisfaction garauntee policy.

Seems fair to me if they are jacking you around.

No skin off Home depot's nose as they make Ego wear the cost, (I think).

Cheers Fred.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Ego Warranty

Post deleted

Mods deleting more posts?

What's with the sudden censorship of the site? Is it American owned now? 

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:25 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ego Warranty

OK, I had a final chat with Jason yesterday - when I started this thread I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for EGO management to engage with commercial users concerns here directly - but I'm assured now that's not going to happen - their  focus is on their Facebook group and the warranty/repair system they have established - I did not intend to become a conduit and will no longer post on this thread.

So Jason advises that the best approach is as previously posted below:-

"I spoke by phone this morning with EGO's Marketing Manager, Jason Ellis to discuss issues with equipment repairs that have come up on the forum. To summarise his response and advice:-

• Use 1300 000 346 (Option 1) or support@egopowerplus.com.au for the initial contact - they will refer us to the nearest appropriate repair agent (which may not be the point of purchase as EGO have found that some retailers are still "petrol centric" and aren't the best placed to deal with an electronic fault) - EGO have appointed repairers more familiar with circuits and batteries in this instance - at our initial contact with EGO warranty support an assessment of the fault will be made and we will be directed to the most appropriate repair agent.

• Repair agents do not carry stocks of all parts due to the number of items involved - the repair agent will assess the fault and have the parts couriered from EGO

• The company is reluctant to detail publicly a service level agreement due to the diverse types of repairs involved but says it has full access to all work in progress via the job tracking number, monitors service metrics, receives automatic alerts and will act on jobs falling outside expectations - service agents have been dismissed in the past for poor performance

• Under warranty, batteries and chargers are a straight swap - the agent will verify a fault and, if the part is in stock, replace on the spot - otherwise just the courier delay - all other equipment is repaired under warranty however there have been occasions where items have been replaced - use the 1300 number or email record concerns or dissatisfaction but otherwise communication takes place between the repair agent and client once a job is logged into the system and dropped off for repair.

• EGO advises that they have spares for all equipment sold held within Australia now - a shortage did occur last April/May and stocks of new skins were cannibalised then to meet repair needs.
I guess the takeaway is to log the repair via one of the two methods detailed above and to subsequently communicate with the repairer in the first instance but then through the EGO support line if you are unsatisfied with progress. Personally I would be querying a job taking longer than 10-12 days. I got the impression that EGO does take the issue of timely repairs seriously and would intervene to act on an unsatisfactory outcome."

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Ego Warranty

OK, I had a final chat with Jason yesterday - when I started this thread I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for EGO management to engage with commercial users concerns here directly - but I'm assured now that's not going to happen - their  focus is on their Facebook group and the warranty/repair system they have established - I did not intend to become a conduit and will no longer post on this thread.

So Jason advises that the best approach is as previously posted below:-

"I spoke by phone this morning with EGO's Marketing Manager, Jason Ellis to discuss issues with equipment repairs that have come up on the forum. To summarise his response and advice:-

• Use 1300 000 346 (Option 1) or support@egopowerplus.com.au for the initial contact - they will refer us to the nearest appropriate repair agent (which may not be the point of purchase as EGO have found that some retailers are still "petrol centric" and aren't the best placed to deal with an electronic fault) - EGO have appointed repairers more familiar with circuits and batteries in this instance - at our initial contact with EGO warranty support an assessment of the fault will be made and we will be directed to the most appropriate repair agent.

• Repair agents do not carry stocks of all parts due to the number of items involved - the repair agent will assess the fault and have the parts couriered from EGO

• The company is reluctant to detail publicly a service level agreement due to the diverse types of repairs involved but says it has full access to all work in progress via the job tracking number, monitors service metrics, receives automatic alerts and will act on jobs falling outside expectations - service agents have been dismissed in the past for poor performance

• Under warranty, batteries and chargers are a straight swap - the agent will verify a fault and, if the part is in stock, replace on the spot - otherwise just the courier delay - all other equipment is repaired under warranty however there have been occasions where items have been replaced - use the 1300 number or email record concerns or dissatisfaction but otherwise communication takes place between the repair agent and client once a job is logged into the system and dropped off for repair.

• EGO advises that they have spares for all equipment sold held within Australia now - a shortage did occur last April/May and stocks of new skins were cannibalised then to meet repair needs.
I guess the takeaway is to log the repair via one of the two methods detailed above and to subsequently communicate with the repairer in the first instance but then through the EGO support line if you are unsatisfied with progress. Personally I would be querying a job taking longer than 10-12 days. I got the impression that EGO does take the issue of timely repairs seriously and would intervene to act on an unsatisfactory outcome."

interesting. 

Is a shame they don't believe in their product enough to put pressure on dealers to stock parts and make the system more streamline. The cannibalizing units for parts doesn't sound particuily confidant in their product or the spares pipeline. 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:22 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego Warranty

I hadnt noticed this before. 

Intended use & Foreseeable misuse: The product is intended for mowing grass in domestic gardens only. It must not be used to mow unusually high, dry or wet grass, e.g. pasture grass; or to shred leaves. The product is to be used only for its prescribed purpose. Any other use is deemed to be a case of misuse.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Ego Warranty

It must not be used to mow unusually high, dry or wet grass,

so what type of grass we could mow? Cant be WET or DRY

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Ego Warranty

https://www.instagra.../p/BrA6Tovgv58/

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Ego Warranty

https://egopowerplus...ucts/commercial

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego Warranty

Thats all day use on the commercial gear. Everything we have for sale here is not commercial?

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Ego Warranty

Thats all day use on the commercial gear. Everything we have for sale here is not commercial?

Same warranty    :huh:

The blower is only 10% more powerful than the normal hand held & the brush cutter has the 2kw motor , I assume the same as whats on the multi tool ?

Cheers Fred.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:30 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales