Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMorayfield, Sth East Qld.
  • Business Name:SMITHEE MOWING

Bushranger Mowers

I bought a bushranger 21" mower about 4 mths ago. Initially I thought it was better than my Honda which I have had for 3 yrs. I am currently really dissapointed with the Bushranger because of grass catcher ptroblems. When mowing the flap on top of the catcher lifts up and I get sandblasted. Spoke with the supplier who said I need to wash the catcher more often. After washing the catcher and mowing 1 or 2 lawns I get sand blasted again. Back to the supplier who tells me it is current conditions. What a load of codswallop. I keep having to revert back to my 3 yr old trusty(,but worn out) Honda. Is any one else having this problem? The supplier tells me no.
Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Bushranger Mowers

I bought a bushranger 21" mower about 4 mths ago. Initially I thought it was better than my Honda which I have had for 3 yrs. I am currently really dissapointed with the Bushranger because of grass catcher ptroblems. When mowing the flap on top of the catcher lifts up and I get sandblasted. Spoke with the supplier who said I need to wash the catcher more often. After washing the catcher and mowing 1 or 2 lawns I get sand blasted again. Back to the supplier who tells me it is current conditions. What a load of codswallop. I keep having to revert back to my 3 yr old trusty(,but worn out) Honda. Is any one else having this problem? The supplier tells me no.

Thats weird. I have the Bushranger SP 21 and there is no way the flap can lift when mowing, I dont even understand how it could physically do this, it sits on top of the catcher and would get minimal push from the chute and is held down by springs. Is there much resistance in the flap itself? I love my Bushranger.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:49 PM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Thanks for the reply. The dealer changed the spring on my request but it still doesnt seem to have enough force to hold down. I am seriously looking at buying a new Honda. Pi
Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:04 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Bushranger Mowers

l have the 1st of the bushy mowers, it will drop a full heavy catcher when there is a heap of crud built up under the flap. l dig it out with a stick or whatever is handy and its fine again for a few months. But l cant imagine how the flap could lift up while mowing?

l love my bushy for the very rare catching jobs l do, far better than any honda, but the later models use a different brand deck now so l dont know how they compare.....

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Bushranger Mowers

I had a good look at mine and am still perplexed as to how this can be happening. Mine has quite a snug fit and is tight on.

Revs turned up too high? Id be contacting the manufacturer rather than the rep, it shouldnt be doing this.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:38 AM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

I have contacted Bushranger direct and am waiting for a response. I will post the response I get. How often do you wash youre grass catcher out Colsy?
Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Bushranger Mowers

I have contacted Bushranger direct and am waiting for a response. I will post the response I get. How often do you wash youre grass catcher out Colsy?

I have washed mine once in 12 mths.

It sounds to me like your flap just isnt 'connecting' with where it should sit, like possibly its the wrong catcher or they have fitted the wrong flap. Wish I could see it.

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:27 AM

DB86
DB86

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Business Name:DB

Bushranger Mowers

Do these Bushrangers have a full width chute like the Rover ProCuts? 

Trying to figure out if this will be a worthy replacement for my Rover in the future. 

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Bushranger have been in touch with me and the dealer. They asked me to take the mower back to the dealer and the problem will be fixed. Bushranger were very quick to respond , now I will see how the dealer fixes the problem.
Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:54 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Bushranger have been in touch with me and the dealer. They asked me to take the mower back to the dealer and the problem will be fixed. Bushranger were very quick to respond , now I will see how the dealer fixes the problem.

I have never had any issues with mine but I know Bushranger are very keen to maintain their reputation. So would be thinking they would like to see this fixed.

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Do these Bushrangers have a full width chute like the Rover ProCuts? 

Trying to figure out if this will be a worthy replacement for my Rover in the future. 

Not full width chute.

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:35 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Bushranger Mowers

Post a pic of the prob Smithee  :)

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Bushranger Mowers

I take it you mean the flap with the yellow safety decal is lifting.

Attached File  PU53AH61MSP.jpg   81.93000000000001KB   4 downloads

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Yes Drew, the dealer has told me to wash the bag more often. When this didnt work they told me it was just the conditions at the time. Thats why I came to this forum.
Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

I cant post a pic now Drew as I have taken the mower back to the dealer. They are a fantastic mower except for my particular problem.
Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Bushranger Mowers

Is the spring on correctly ?

Thats its sole purpose, to push the flap down.

Cheers Fred.

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Bushranger Mowers

I cant post a pic now Drew as I have taken the mower back to the dealer. They are a fantastic mower except for my particular problem.

Ah well just see how it is when you get it back .

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

Smithee
Smithee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Bushranger Mowers

Well I picked my Mower up today from the dealer.Bushranger staff had taken my mower and used it to cut a lawn, I was given a video that showed the problem did not occurr when they used it therefore there is nothing wrong with my mower. I will take a video next time it happens to me and post it here. NOT HAPPY
Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Bushranger Mowers

Well I picked my Mower up today from the dealer.Bushranger staff had taken my mower and used it to cut a lawn, I was given a video that showed the problem did not occurr when they used it therefore there is nothing wrong with my mower. I will take a video next time it happens to me and post it here. NOT HAPPY

Ah thats a bugger. But in their defense if there,s nothing to fix they cant fix it.

Show us the video asap 

Edit:Did they only do 1 mow with it? 

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Bushranger Mowers

perhaps you're letting the bag get too full?

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales