sidfromsydney

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Business Name:Sid's Lawn Care

Rude Customer ?

Hi everyone,

Please let me know if I had over-react in this situation

I have completed what sets out from the beginning with the client and she's very happy with the job done. 2 Hours after the job, she texted me saying her husband wasn't happy as I didn't cut the grass in one certain area. I offered to come back and fix it for her. However, she said please explain that to her husband.

Background: This area was agreed between me and his wife that we can't get the mower in as there are alot of loose rocks and the terrain is rough. She was fine with me not getting the grass cut then. I could have whipper snip the area and rake the grass but the pay wasn't even close for me put in that effort. 

So on the phone with the husband, explain to him everything and offer to come back for free to fix it for them. The husband was so rude, loud and yelled at me on the phone and threaten to get the money back (payment have already been made over Airtasker), treating me as if I was a scammer. 

I thought to myself that if I was scamming them, I wouldn't have reply their message or even went above and beyond to give them lawn care advice and offered to come back and fix it. 

In the end, I texted them saying (please see photo)

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.jpg   70.75KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  1.jpg   63.55KB   3 downloads

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Rude Customer ?

Put it behind you and move on, you dont need clients like that.......l dont know airtasker but most of those referral sites tend toward the cheapskates

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Rude Customer ?

^.

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:32 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Rude Customer ?

Personally, I would move away from Airtasker as soon as you can - a free ad on Gumtree, cheap classified in the local community paper, leaflet drop - I registered with them a while back to see how it worked - not a good model from the service providers perspective IMHO. 

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Rude Customer ?

Don’t deal with tight ar5es, most of the time being a tight ar5e isn’t about saving money it’s about winning.
You will never have a fair relationship with a customer that always wants to win
Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Rude Customer ?

Don’t deal with tight ar5es, most of the time being a tight ar5e isn’t about saving money it’s about winning.
You will never have a fair relationship with a customer that always wants to win

Should have posted that on the other thread 

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Mowingman
Mowingman

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Rude Customer ?

Definitely don't use Airtasker... It's not for designed for contractors!

The client has dictated the price they are willing to pay, you then compete with "people with a mower" that will compete the price down to be the cheapest to win the job and you then have to pay Airtasker 22% (from memory) for the privileged.

Consider doing advertising where you can control the client and quoting... Do a local letterbox drop, local paper ad, local facebook ads, local google ads, and if you want to get started with clean ups and non regulars... you can consider Gumtree. Most of them you can do for free or pretty cheap.

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Rude Customer ?

Should have posted that on the other thread

Lolling,You weren’t the only one thinking that, but I’m an online lover, not an online fighter
Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

sidfromsydney
sidfromsydney

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Rude Customer ?

Personally, I would move away from Airtasker as soon as you can - a free ad on Gumtree, cheap classified in the local community paper, leaflet drop - I registered with them a while back to see how it worked - not a good model from the service providers perspective IMHO. 

Thanks, Im planning my exit route away from Airtasker. I can clearly see that the profit margin is so minimal and not worth the effort put out. 

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:10 PM

sidfromsydney
sidfromsydney

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Rude Customer ?

Put it behind you and move on, you dont need clients like that.......l dont know airtasker but most of those referral sites tend toward the cheapskates

Hi, Thanks for advice. Appreciate it 

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:13 PM

sidfromsydney
sidfromsydney

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Rude Customer ?

Definitely don't use Airtasker... It's not for designed for contractors!

The client has dictated the price they are willing to pay, you then compete with "people with a mower" that will compete the price down to be the cheapest to win the job and you then have to pay Airtasker 22% (from memory) for the privileged.

Consider doing advertising where you can control the client and quoting... Do a local letterbox drop, local paper ad, local facebook ads, local google ads, and if you want to get started with clean ups and non regulars... you can consider Gumtree. Most of them you can do for free or pretty cheap.

Hi Mowingman, Thanks for suggestions. I have not thought of that and will therefore consider it moving forward for the business. 

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales