• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
reggie_c2005
reggie_c2005

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Having Trouble Figuring Out Hunting On Briggs 450

Hi everybody happy to join your forum! I've recently been given a sprinter mower with a 450 briggs 148cc in excellent condition... I have dismantled the carby cleaned it put new gasket and diaphragm on and new governor and idle spring.. fresh fuel oil is good still... when I crank it over it starts beautifully but is hunting and not sure what to do now as I thought the gasket would solve it !! Plz help
Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Take it to a mower shop
Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

Ply313
Ply313

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Bend the idle spring tab to stretch the spring a bit more, should stabilise the governor. Bend the main spring tab out as well if highest rpm seems a bit low. This is all assuming you cleaned carb properly etc, intake manifold not cracked etc. Also assuming this is the 450S not the later 450E..
Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales