• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
ajs102
ajs102

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Honda Hru216 New Blades

Not long took over my sons mower Honda HRU216. I bought some blades from GYC which they termed workshop blades, they weren't in a kit just free? They are all the same shape but the manual states that two should be different. They all have less of a bend upwards where the old blades have two of the blades with more of a bend in them. The question is, will it matter if I use all with less of an upward bend in them? Will the grass still enter the catcher correctly? Thanks for any comments.

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Grae
Grae

3 of us

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • LocationRetired and on the wallaby track

Honda Hru216 New Blades

All good, assuming the blade dimensions are suitable

make sure you fit the blades so the bent up trailing (lift) edge is facing upwards towards the deck and not towards the grass

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

retired last week and I'm bored already!

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:Ultimate Property Services

Honda Hru216 New Blades

hi lift blades...(more bend) are better for catching.. 

if your using this domestically..it will be fine.. 

dont worry about what the manual says..

I run 4 high lift blades commercially

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

ajs102
ajs102

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Honda Hru216 New Blades

hi lift blades...(more bend) are better for catching.. 

if your using this domestically..it will be fine.. 

dont worry about what the manual says..

I run 4 high lift blades commercially

Thanks Ando, my son stopped his business and I've taken over his mower doing a few jobs myself. 

I'm under the impression that the two out of four high lift blades are so they toss up the grass and the standard blades come through an chop the grass the high lifts basically has spread under the deck, well that's my ####ysis of things anyway. 

What benefit do four high lifts have? How are they better for catching? Thanks

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Honda Hru216 New Blades

The only reason anything goes in the catcher is because the lift on the blades makes them work like a fan, that blows through the mower and out the bag. 4 hi lift is a better fan than um, less than 4 hi lift. If you don’t have one, get a cheap eBay catcher bag that flows more air through than the original Honda bag to help as well.
Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Honda Hru216 New Blades

Not long took over my sons mower Honda HRU216. I bought some blades from GYC which they termed workshop blades, they weren't in a kit just free? They are all the same shape but the manual states that two should be different. They all have less of a bend upwards where the old blades have two of the blades with more of a bend in them. The question is, will it matter if I use all with less of an upward bend in them? Will the grass still enter the catcher correctly? Thanks for any comments.

4 low lift blades will NOT enter the catcher correctly.  sounds like you got all low lift blades, you will need the high lift blades to be able to catch grass.  4 low lift blades will not catch grass.  get  "high lift" blades.   I run 2 highlift and 2 low lift on one of my 216 mowers its not good for catching but mulches better.  I run the other machine with 4 highlift.  4 high lift blades if your only takeing one hru216 with you. 

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

ajs102
ajs102

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Honda Hru216 New Blades

4 low lift blades will NOT enter the catcher correctly.  sounds like you got all low lift blades, you will need the high lift blades to be able to catch grass.  4 low lift blades will not catch grass.  get  "high lift" blades.   I run 2 highlift and 2 low lift on one of my 216 mowers its not good for catching but mulches better.  I run the other machine with 4 highlift.  4 high lift blades if your only takeing one hru216 with you. 

I have been using the 4 x low lift blades and the grass goes into the catcher with no problems. Have used it a few times now.

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales