Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Sea Change

Hi guys

The missus and i are thinking about moving down to jervis bay for a sea change. My oldies have a holiday house here and will retire down here eventually too.

Our plan would be to keep mowing in sydney 2 or 3 days a week and work down south the remaining days.

We know things would be a little quieter down here than sydney but we dont mind that lol.

We would like to know if anyone else has made a similar move.

Cheers,

Smokey
Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Sea Change

Did a few exercises down there. My sea change was moving to Darwin, no rhyme or reason for it though, too many traffic lights now though (only one when I got here). Need another change me thinks, Tassie sounds good but apparently they are full Best of luck mate
Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:29 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Sea Change

Great idea mate, Gods country as you know  -  but be prepared, there are more beer Bobs here than anywhere else on earth, the Shoalhaven has one of the highest unemployment rates in Oz so every dole bludger / pensioner....... e.g. there are a married couple (pros, not bobs) who drive here from Sus#### Inlet to do a couple of lawns, can't see how that could be viable personally

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

JH Mowing
JH Mowing

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Business Name:JH Mowing Services

Sea Change

Did a few exercises down there. My sea change was moving to Darwin, no rhyme or reason for it though, too many traffic lights now though (only one when I got here). Need another change me thinks, Tassie sounds good but apparently they are full Best of luck mate

Mate I moved from Katherine last year to Myrtleford Victoria for a change for the kids, lived in the NT for nearly 20 years, I miss the place but it’s been a good move. Don’t know how you mow in that humidity, hats off to you bloke!!
Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Sea Change

Great idea mate, Gods country as you know  -  but be prepared, there are more beer Bobs here than anywhere else on earth, the Shoalhaven has one of the highest unemployment rates in Oz so every dole bludger / pensioner....... e.g. there are a married couple (pros, not bobs) who drive here from Sus#### Inlet to do a couple of lawns, can't see how that could be viable personally

Yea that was my thoughts mate every second car has a trailer or mower in it lol.

I think I'll test the waters over winter and push for landscaping work in the new estate and see how i go.
Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Sea Change

Ive moved around a fair bit. 

Always work for those who want it and the trick i think is you dont want to work as hard as most people. Life is for living not for working. Just do it.

My old neighbour from here moved to Batemans bay and bought a Jims round. 

You would freeze Drew! Tis a good spot down here.

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Sea Change

Ive moved around a fair bit. 

Always work for those who want it and the trick i think is you dont want to work as hard as most people. Life is for living not for working. Just do it.

My old neighbour from here moved to Batemans bay and bought a Jims round. 

You would freeze Drew! Tis a good spot down here.

I'd move to Tassie in a heartbeat but my partner has pretty deep roots/family here now so plan B is to win Lotto and buy a place there to bounce between.

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Sea Change

We are in that area a few times a year as the in laws live in Berry. I agree with CGAHS....it is Gods country and I have a dream to move there one day. I have eyed it off as far as work prospects go and yes there are opportunities due to big lawns etc....but a lot of the retirees still mow themselves. I still reckon its a good place to be for a switched on operator. I have met an operator in Berry that the in laws know well and he is doing six figures on his own. Like I said there is work for good operators to push the beer bobs out.

Do it!

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Sea Change

I'd move to Tassie in a heartbeat but my partner has pretty deep roots/family here now so plan B is to win Lotto and buy a place there to bounce between.

Surprising how many do that. Summer in Tassie and winter in Queensland. Harvey Bay seems to be a favourite.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Sea Change

Surprising how many do that. Summer in Tassie and winter in Queensland. Harvey Bay seems to be a favourite.

A lot do it here with the build up and Wet, leave and then come back for the Dry

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Sea Change

Attached File  20190320_092328.jpg   75.40000000000001KB   0 downloads

Pic on my way to work yesterday. Mt Roland.

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales