6 replies to this topic
Mopargreg
Mopargreg

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Blower Woes, Time For A New Blower!

Hi guys,

Been running my Shindaiwa EB221S blower for 4-5years. It was an amazing blower, lightweight, didn't vibrate & reliable. Perfect for the smaller residential work I do. Unfortunately it has some issues now & am waiting for some parts to come in with an unknown timeframe. So I picked up the new Shindaiwa blower, EB252 without question & even looking at it. Wow so disappointed. It almost shakes your arm off & feels very heavy, totally unbalanced & non-ergonomic in your hand. The air intake is on the left so it sucks your cloths in if used with your right hand. Really quite unhappy with it & not really sure what Shindaiwa was thinking. I don't think I could use it for very long in the day with the vibration.

All my other gear besides the mower is Shindaiwa & have all been excellent. So after over 10 years using all Shindaiwa its time for a different brand for the first time.  Im looking at the following -

*Husqvarna - 525BX or 125B

*Stihl BG56 or BG86

Im not to worried about the output as my old Shindaiwa was maybe slightly underpowered but perfect for the smaller residential work I do. On paper they all look about the same weight. Wanting it to run smoothly without to much vibration & feel balanced in the hand. Anyone have any feedback on these machines or other brands I should look at? What is parts availability for Husky & Stihl like? What is everyone else running? Only handheld not backpack style.

Thanks for looking & your feedback!

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:Ultimate Property Services

I use a backpack Stihl BR 600 ..its amazing..  i do residential , small and big..  i wouldn't be with out it...the time saving of this machine because of the massive airflow is great..and yet is very controllable and can be used in very delicate situations as well..

you might upgrade to a backpack blower...  but once you have one you will never go back to a hand held again.. ;)

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

Mopargreg
Mopargreg

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Thanks for the reply Ando. Are sourcing parts for Stihl ever an issue for any of there equipment, new or old models? 

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:Ultimate Property Services

Thanks for the reply Ando. Are sourcing parts for Stihl ever an issue for any of there equipment, new or old models? 

no problems for parts... Stihl is very popular. most dealers have these.  I'm currently running an Ebay carby on my blower...its been great..  and a 1/4 of the price too ;)

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

Mopargreg
Mopargreg

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Sorry Grae not ready to give up any Shindy Multitools. Some of my favourite gear. Just wish Shindaiwa didn't change the tool fittings with the new multi tool model.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

Mopargreg
Mopargreg

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Sorry not parting with any tools. Also just saw your question at the bottom, any Mopar  but have only owned Aussie Mopars.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

greenbits
greenbits

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Business Name:International Lawn Care Services

Ran BG56 and BG86 never got past 2 years on them they just wore out,86 has more power less vibration.Currently running a Husky 125b and that thing can blow the same like BG86 can,has noticeable vibration.Makita 25cc my favorite blower easy start no vibration.Consider Echo 2455 could get up to 10 years out of it.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales