crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Pooper Scooper

Dog poo is still a (small) part of my workday - I have a small number of lawns with dogs - most are good about cleaning poo up before I come but one in particular delegates the chore to the teenage kid and it gets "forgotten" every few visits - hookworm and roundworm are transmissable to humans from pet poo so it's a concern - so, after seeing and using one of these:-

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

at a client's place I bought one - and they are excellent - the excavator bucket design means you can reach down below the poo even if it's buried in wet couch, and extract the lot into the bin easily - and the construction quality is very good - recommended.

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

markp
markp

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Pooper Scooper

s-----------------h---------------------i------------------------t of a job

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Pooper Scooper

s-----------------h---------------------i------------------------t of a job

Yeah, I never used to mind it when I mowed in younger days - can remember a small lawn with 2 dobermans restricted to back yard - winter mows with a months accumulation were spectacular - reckon the catcher was 50% cr@p - much less tolerant and more health conscious now - but they're very good quotes so this works for me.

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Pooper Scooper

Long handled square mouth shovel for me.

Just flick them into the garden beds but, thereafter, never go in there to weed !

Flicked one too hard one day & it cleared the paling fence, then I heard a plop ....... :o

I'll let you work out the rest ....  :lol:

Cheers Fred.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Pooper Scooper

Ohhh dear! - "Mum, there's a Chockito in the pool"

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns and Everything Else

Pooper Scooper

There are dogs that actually enjoy eating other dogs poo. A couple of those would solve the problem.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Pooper Scooper

There are dogs that actually enjoy eating other dogs poo. A couple of those would solve the problem.

Unfortunately I can attest to the being true.  Made be gag just watching it, anyway that was customer was dropped as they didn't collect their poo.   Personally I don't touch it, if it's small mow over it, big, mow around, and if there's continually more than just 1 or 2 the customer gets a polite reminder to pick it up in advance and then dropped if it happens again.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Pooper Scooper

how about the dogs that just troll you, had one where they were all picked up every time but when you did the whipping this dog would be looking at you and backing one out at the same time. like hes just letting me know whos grass it really is

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:43 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Pooper Scooper

Personally I don't touch it, if it's small mow over it, big, mow around, and if there's continually more than just 1 or 2 the customer gets a polite reminder to pick it up in advance and then dropped if it happens again.

this

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Kathryn
Kathryn

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW
  • Business Name:Brett's Mowing & Handyman Service

Pooper Scooper

We picked up a lawn about a month ago and NO dogs...yay!. Went to mow there yesterday and dog holes in yard everywhere, chew toys, bones and the yard was a mine field of poop. Will send her a gentle reminder the day before we mow that the poop and the bones and assorted chew toys need to be removed before we mow (or it will be into the drop zone). Quote on a dog free lawn and a month later its littered with dog crap...literally.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

markp
markp

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Pooper Scooper

Just on dog toys , I did one last week where they have a dog , the poo is always picked up but not the toys, so Im mowing and go to kick a toy out of the way and wow what the , took a second look, the toy was a #### with  balls and all, the knob had been chewed a bit Maybe by the dog or maybe not,  The lady of the house is not a bad sort , so I will be looking at her differently from now on

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:37 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Pooper Scooper

for her dog or her......err...cat?

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Pooper Scooper

Unfortunately I can attest to the being true.  Made be gag just watching it, anyway that was customer was dropped as they didn't collect their poo.   Personally I don't touch it, if it's small mow over it, big, mow around, and if there's continually more than just 1 or 2 the customer gets a polite reminder to pick it up in advance and then dropped if it happens again.

When you dig into the reasoning why, it’s exactly the same as 95% of those in the drop zone. A lack of respect from the customer to the contractor.
If they don’t pass the “what if every job was like this” test, they can go at my convenience
Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:37 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales