didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns and Everything Else

Disaterious Day

Its been a while since I posted, that's cause I been busier than a brickie on the US - Mexican border.

But today was my worst, had an argument with my wife last night and then next day.

1: My most VIP customer, manicured lawns, hedges just beautiful all my work of course!. Then it was time to bring out the Roundup. Pumping that 10 litre bottle nice and tight to last me along the grass edge. What happens next, the hose bursts off the bottom of the bottle spraying a thick stream of Round Up all over the lawn right in front of the pool area. 10 litres of Round up all over my legs and their most luscious green lawn. No customer home, so I put that sprinkler on and left it there for over an hour. Who knows what it will look like when I go back. Maybe I shouldn't go back?

2: Next job, pressure wash pool cover. Pool cover gets picked up by the wind and blows onto the hot motor of pressure cleaner melting a 10cm hole right in the middle of the pool cover.

3: Next job, finish off paint job, accidentally let dog out of house and spend 1 hour driving with non stop talkative kid to find the little pooch. He was hiding next door all the time.

Stressed from that little episode I then painted the internal doors to wardrobe belonging to pooch kid. Not thinking I closed the wet paint doors of the wardrobe and left paint on all the customers latest designer clothes.Black jackets with white paint strips.

Turning them around to face the other way seemed a little obvious, so while the customer was out I tried some hand washing. Even CRC on the paint stains didn't work.

They looked dusty, not worn often, So now all facing the other way with wet sleeves. Could be months before they realise?

Maybe I should just do the dishes after all. My wife does the cooking, my luck may change then?

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Disaterious Day

Aye Carumba, I'll never complain about having a ####ty day again - as for number 1 I've done the accidental roundup thing - flushed it with a hand hose for a good while and no subsequent damage so you might be OK - as for the others maybe leave town for a while.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Disaterious Day

Its been a while since I posted, that's cause I been busier than a brickie on the US - Mexican border.
But today was my worst, had an argument with my wife last night and then next day.
1: My most VIP customer, manicured lawns, hedges just beautiful all my work of course!. Then it was time to bring out the Roundup. Pumping that 10 litre bottle nice and tight to last me along the grass edge. What happens next, the hose bursts off the bottom of the bottle spraying a thick stream of Round Up all over the lawn right in front of the pool area. 10 litres of Round up all over my legs and their most luscious green lawn. No customer home, so I put that sprinkler on and left it there for over an hour. Who knows what it will look like when I go back. Maybe I shouldn't go back?
2: Next job, pressure wash pool cover. Pool cover gets picked up by the wind and blows onto the hot motor of pressure cleaner melting a 10cm hole right in the middle of the pool cover.
3: Next job, finish off paint job, accidentally let dog out of house and spend 1 hour driving with non stop talkative kid to find the little pooch. He was hiding next door all the time.
Stressed from that little episode I then painted the internal doors to wardrobe belonging to pooch kid. Not thinking I closed the wet paint doors of the wardrobe and left paint on all the customers latest designer clothes.Black jackets with white paint strips.
Turning them around to face the other way seemed a little obvious, so while the customer was out I tried some hand washing. Even CRC on the paint stains didn't work.
They looked dusty, not worn often, So now all facing the other way with wet sleeves. Could be months before they realise?
Maybe I should just do the dishes after all. My wife does the cooking, my luck may change then?

Crack a few beers and tomorrow can only get better
Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Disaterious Day

LOL

Didgee, sounds like a Frank Spencer day.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:Ultimate Property Services

Disaterious Day

hahaha...wow....what a day...  I'm cringing just reading that... 

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:39 AM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Disaterious Day

Worse .. day .. ever.  Sorry, but you have to laugh, I was almost in tears after the painting fiasco.  I agree with Crocster though if you hosed off the roundup straight away I think it will be ok.  

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:55 AM

Kathryn
Kathryn

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW
  • Business Name:Brett's Mowing & Handyman Service

Disaterious Day

OMG....bet your glad that day is over!

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Disaterious Day

now thats a bad day.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales