Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

I came across these on a Caravanners forum :- 

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

Once you arm and lock it, if you move it, it goes off at 110db - OK so the padlock is gunna be cr@p for 10 bucks but whoever wants to steal your gear is gunna have to cut or bash it off, all the while with a 110DB alarm shrieking if they haven't bought the gear to disable it -

for 10 bucks I've bought half a dozen - have them on my camper trailer, mower, whipper, side gates - cheap deterrent and this guy had a bit of trouble picking them:-

https://www.youtube....h?v=mj9kh5Guz6M

but in another video he shows how easy it is to smash them open:-

https://www.youtube....h?v=Kzb74kzFAIs

but, if you hang them off something with "give" like a throttle cable there's nothing to bash against and it ain't that simple

so for 10 bucks I'm using them - I hide them out of plain sight so they're going to go off first when they move the gear - then he has to decide whether to go get the hammer and come back or get out of there - 

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:07 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

I’m getting one and “locking” a worn out hedger in the ute overnight.
Cars don’t really get broken into here but the doors and utes get “tested” pretty often

Standby
Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

I’m getting one and “locking” a worn out hedger in the ute overnight.
Cars don’t really get broken into here but the doors and utes get “tested” pretty often

Standby

how did u go?

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

These were a thing in the motorbike circle for awhile, i dont know if they have changed the desighn but you used to be able to take the batteries out and then cut the lock.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

These were a thing in the motorbike circle for awhile, i dont know if they have changed the desighn but you used to be able to take the batteries out and then cut the lock.

The shackle needs to be out to get to the battery compartment - but I'm sure there's a few ways of getting around the design - my thinking is, if you site it such that it's going to go off first, then they've got to decide whether to hang around and try to break it with the siren going off or just go to the next house - I leave my gear on the ute chained and padlocked with waterproof covers over the whipper and mower - the lock is not visible inside the cover so they're going to set it off at some stage trying to remove the gear - for 10 bucks it's just another layer of security.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

Also on security I got a shock watching this:-

https://www.youtube....h?v=BxIbAFnmsIQ

seems like average chains and cables aren't up to it - I'm getting a couple of their recommended D locks for the whipper and mower.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Pinnacle Alarm Padlocks

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pywN558dJaU

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales