2 replies to this topic
Deleted
Deleted

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Removing Bad Fruit

No this is not a topic about pruning fruit trees... its about removing bad clients from the business. Something I noticed early on after I started my business and was making a living from it, was that I the majority of calls I was getting from clients were all coming from only the tiniest minority. And as the years went on, I kept seeing exactly the same pattern. The majority of calls I was receiving about delaying services, questions, issues etc, were all coming from only the tiniest minority of clients. I started calling this client type "bad fruit". While the overwhelming majority were all silent, and only called to delay a service or ask a question or or enquire about a possible problem when they were genuine only. After I optimised my business many years ago, I removed these clients in particular, and all calls coming into the business from existing clients went down by around 95%. These days whenever I come across this type of client, which are probably less than 1%, I remove them as time permits, and only after I have given them ample opportunity to prove themselves first... and so the overwhelming majority of pointless issues I have to deal with, including delayed services, are eliminated almost completely. Leaving me with a very easy to run, and reliable business with very little stress.
Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Lawn Club is owned, hosted, managed, and all forum posts are moderated by and approved by Ozbreed.

I have absolutely no association with this website or its forum.

Lawn Club, The Lawn Guide, Buffalo Lawn Care and Lawn Care Advice websites, and all content therein is the sole property of the Ozbreed turf company; ALL CONTENT therein represents the opinions and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. I have absolutely no association whatsoever with any of these websites! Lawn Club admin inquiries should be directed to the site admin or to the website owners. The advice presented on Lawn Club for lawn and garden business owners represents the views and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. All inquiries regarding any of these websites should be directed to the website & content owners. Absolutely no endorsements are granted to these sites, or to their owners, or to any content published therein. NO CONTENT IS PUBLISHED ON ANY OF THESE SITES ON MY BEHALF OR WHICH REPRESENTS MY OPINIONS IN ANY WAY. No licenses granted. No rights reserved........ WEBSITE DISCLAIMER.

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Removing Bad Fruit

Ditto

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Grae
Grae

testing where this goes

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationMornington Peninsula, Vic

Removing Bad Fruit

for those that don't know why eyes bulge, listen carefully

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

read between the lines, if he seems drunk, he possibly is

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales